Donnell Bayot M.Ed. CHE, CPCE, CFBE, Director of Academic Affairs
BS, M.Ed. Regis University
Michael Flores MS, Academic Affairs Program Manager
BS, MS University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Marcus Lam CHT, Director of Admissions and Recruitment
BS Wake Forest University
Timothy Lam MIBS MS CHT, Executive Director
BS Wake Forest University
MIBS University of South Carolina
MS University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Chris Tamura CHE, Student Affairs Program Manager
Ruby Turincio, Program Associate
Patti Shock MS CPCE CHT, Academic Consultant
BS, MS University of Southern Mississippi
Jenny Wong, Online Program Associate
BS University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Patti J. Shock, CPCE
Patti is TISOH's Academic Consultant and has oversight over all academic programs. Patti currently serves as the Director of Distance Learning for the Harrah Hotel College at UNLV. Previously, she served as Chair of the Tourism and Convention Administration Department for almost 20 years and prior to that, she chaired the Hotel, Restaurant & Travel Administration Department at Georgia State University in Atlanta for almost 10 years. In addition to being an expert in meetings, events and catering, Patti is a noted authority in social media marketing. She serves on numerous Advisory Boards including Catersource, the Convention 2020 initiative and the IAEE.
Honors and Awards:
• Outstanding Achievement in Industry Leadership Award from the International Association of Exhibitions and Events, December 2007
• Professional Achievement Award from the Professional Convention Management Association, May 2005
• Lifetime Achievement Award from the Cecil B. Day School of Hospitality at Georgia State University, November 2003
• Named one of the TSW Power Pack: The 100 Most Influential People in the Tradeshow Industry by Tradeshow Week Magazine, July 2007
• Named one of the 25 Most Influential Women in Southern Nevada 2002 by InBusiness Las Vegas in the September 8, 2002 issue.
• Named one of the 25 most inflential people in the Meetings Industry by Meeting News magazine in the August 2002 issue.
• Named one of 10 Most Powerful Women in the Convention Industry by Successful Meetings magazine in the May 2000 issue. (Sun article - photo)
• 2002 Author of the Year for the Professional Convention Management Association.
• 1997 Distinguished Service Award from the International Association for Exposition Management.
• 1996 Educator of the Year for the Professional Convention Management Association.
• Claudine Williams Distinguished Chair at UNLV for the 1996-1998 academic years.
• 1989-90 Boyd Distinguished Professor Award for Service at UNLV.
• 1987 Achievement Award from the Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education, sponsored by the Marriott Corporation. She served as the Vice-President of Industry Relations for CHRIE for four years and as the CHRIE Director of Conventions for two years.
• 1987 Allied Industry Leader of the Year for the Georgia Hospitality & Travel Association.
She co-authored the texts, "Hotel Catering: A Handbook for Sales and Operations," "A Club Manager's Guide to Private Parties and Club Functions," "On-Premise Catering," "Restaurant Marketing for Owners and Managers" and "A Meeting Planner's Guide to Catered Events" - all published by Wiley.
Stuff from Patti Shock Blog: http://pattishockstuff.blogspot.com
Stuff from Patti Shock RSS Feeds: http://www.bloglines.com/blog/PattiShock